Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Chance Meeting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Swinging her sword around in lazy arcs as she began her warm-up for the dual she had been challeneged to, Xen sighed at the feeling of the familiar weight in her hand, the shield on her back ready to be pulled out once she was finished. She would need it, going up against a 1st Division Warrior, but it would be good practice, and may even help her advance her skill a bit. May even reach 2nd Division. She laughed internally; no, even if she was offered a promotion, so to speak, she would decline. She enjoyed her position in the middle of the ranks. Gave her enough power to boss others around, but still had others to give her direction. You needed leadership skills to reach 1st Division and higher, something she didn't have enough energy to waste on.

FInished with her warm up, the Aranetil whirled around and grinned at her opponent, sliding Chained Redemption off of her back and into place on her left arm. The Drow overseeing their dual made sure both were ready, before starting them off. The 1st Division Warrior leapt at her immediately, and Xen dove to the side, twisting around to slash at her opponent, who quickly parried the blow and put space between them; enough to remain out of range of attacks, but close enough to execute his own when he deemed necessary.
Back to top Go down
https://anin-toril.rpg-board.net
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:54 pm

he marveled as he watched the aranetil Lady fight her challenger,watching her move with such grace and balance,wandering if after her battle was over,she could teach him a thing or to about how she fought with such skill
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Darting around her opponent, Xen caught the edge of his sword with her shield and twisted around to stab him with her own, when he flipped away, pulling his sword with him. Grinning as adrenaline pumped through her, she maneuvered her shield back in front of her and waited for his next attack, which came in a blur, his sword swinging down from above her. Again, she whirled out of the way, her sword out and searching for blood. Her opponents blade caught her own and they stood there for a moment, before they both backed off and bowed to each other. It was a short spar, but it had been a nice workout.

Cracking her neck, the Aranetil caught sight of a young Drow Warrior watching her with interest. Cocking an eyebrow, she stretched her arms over her head and made her way over to him.

"Something ya want or need there, kid?" she asked shortly.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:05 pm

His ears perked as she called out to him "Yes! i was wondering if you were willing to teach me some of what you know!" he walked up to her quickly,bowing before her,just overly admiring her grace,speed and skill. Looking upto her as if she were some kinda idol
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Xen grinned at the question, which really had turned out as more of a hopefuly statement more than anything. Having already had experience teaching Monience, she figured it would do the boy some good, even if she couldn't take on a second apprentice.

"Alright kid. I got nothin' better to do, so I'll give you a couple of pointers." she stated with a grin. "Now," she paused, pulling out her sword and shield again. "Come at me! Show me what ya got!" she challenged, readying herself for the boy's attacks.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:29 pm

He roars,pulling out his longsword,clumsily wielding it with both hands,running at her quickly,swinging the sword upwards,launching into the air with it,as if flying towards her,he then points the sword down at her,aiming for her throat,letting the sheer bulk of the sword do most of the work
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Chuckling quietly, Xen easily analyzed the move and quickly side-stepped out of the way of the blow. "Good speed, but you rely too much on your sword. What happens if I had parried with my shield and swung with my sword to take your head off? You'd have no way to defend yourself." she stated, deciding to only maneuver out of the way of his attacks instead of counter attacking. She didn't want to kill the kid, just analyze his skills and give him some tips.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:40 pm

He then smashes into the ground,slowly pulling his sword out "yea...i dont really think things through.. i cleave first..ask later... " he smiles to her,panting softly
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 pm

"Bad idea kid. Being a Warrior isn't all about being able to smash your way through your enemies just based on brute strength, it takes strategy too. You have to be able to predict your opponents moves so that you can react to them. That's why skinny people can make just as decent a Warrior as bulky guys. And if you got your sword taken away, what then? Warriors have to know how to defend themselves with or without weapons, and armor. It's a lot to remember, but it's all worth it." she explained easily, twirling her sword around in her grasp.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:50 pm

he just looked at her with a admiring,awe-inspired gaze 'i have found my new idol!' he thought gleefully in his mind. he then took out a note pad and scribbled all that she had said "thank you for this information..and may i ask something..is it possible to join you on any adventures and such??" his eyes grew wide,with excitement
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Cocking an eyebrow at the young Warrior, Xen smirked and was soon laughing. "I'll see what I can do, but I'm 3rd Division, so don't expect to accompany me a lot. You'll probably be meeting my apprentice, Monience, if you hang around enough. She's young, but has a lot of promise, just like you." she stated with a grin. A call came from behind the pair and Xen cocked her head over her shoulder, before turning back with a sigh. "Well, looks like they need me for something again. If it's not too dangerous I'll let you tag along, kay? Maybe pick up the brat on the way out too." she offered, before turning and movign towards the Watcher that had called for her.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:11 pm

He had begun to follow after,but stopped himself,not wanting to bother her as she was being called,so excited about the news he had just heard "I wonder who this monience girl is.." he scratched behind one of his ears curiously[b]
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Making her way back from her debriefing, she smiled slightly when the Drow from before was still standing in the exact same place. "Scouting mission. They said I need to check out some small bands of stupid monsters out around the Camp. It won't be too hard, so you're welcome to come along." she stated, running a hand through her loose bangs. "I'm Xen, by the way." she introduced herself, holding out a hand for the boy to shake as she expected a name in return.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:33 pm

he lurched forward,almost toppling himself as he reached out grabs her hand "Ah!...sorry.. got a lil to excited.. it wont happen!" he stood up,shook her hand firmly and smiles at her "So what will you be scouting ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:13 pm

"Like I just said, the area around the camp. There are small bands of monsters that they want me to take care of. What, are you deaf? And you're supposed to introduce yourself once someone does the same, ya know." she huffed, crossing her arms and cocking an eyebrow as she looked at the boy. Boy, did he need a lesson in manners.....Dear Xelveth, she was starting to sound like Derris.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:20 pm

"Oh! sorry.. im jaerk.. i was just so caught in your awesome fight that i totally forgot my manner.. please forgive me.." he leaned down,bowing his head,hoping that she would accept his apology
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Xeii made his way out of the city and in the direction of Camp Hei'Luth. Normally, he'd be on his way to Camp Ophisen. But he had gotten a message that he was to accompany Xen in a patrol of sorts regarding monster groups outside the camp. He was starting to think he spent more time around Camp Ophisen than Camp Hei'Luth. It didn't bother him either way. He was a bit curious as to why it was him who was called of all people, but he wasn't about to question their logic or turn down a chance to train.

It wasn't long until he made it to the camp. The woman he was to be joining was an Arenetil, making it all the more easier to find her. Pacing over to her, he cast a brief glance at a boy standing near to her, before moving his eyes to her. He wasn't typically good at introductions, but nevertheless, he continued in the usual fashion - holding out a hand for a shake.

"My name is Xeii. I assume you're Xen. I was told to accompany you on a patrol." he muttered quietly, nonchalantly, as was his usual tone.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Nodding to the introduction by Jaerk, the woman turned when a man approached her, introducing himself and saying that he would be her partner on their mission. Taking his hand, she gave it a single, firm shake before letting it drop.

"Good to meet you, the both of you. We should move out, before those things can gather any more troops. Hope you don't mind if the boy tags along; he's a Warrior, and he wants to come along and get some pointers from me. He won't be a burden, I'm responsible for him." she stated calmly, waiting for Xeii's ascent before they headed out.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:16 am

"Im Jaerk,sir! it is a pleasure to meet you" he then stood by Xen awaiting any orders from her. he looked around casually,taking in the area around him "Um ma'am..where could i get a one-handed sword and shield like you..i think i would be easier then a two-hander.."
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:53 am

Xeii nodded to the boy, letting him know he acknowledged his introduction. The boy was somewhat awkward, engulfed in eagerness and anticipation. Someone who was fairly easily discouraged but came out of it with double the strength, energy and motivation. The woman was harder to read, as were most women. Obviously someone who could hold her own, but maybe a person who appreciated support and needed a steady wall to lean on. He imagined she was the type that if hurt or had their trust ripped away from them by someone, was slow to forgive. Nevertheless, he wasn't about prod. He didn't actually think deeply into these things but rather subconsciously registered it somewhere in the depths of his mind.

He didn't want to push into the Jaerk's question, but needed to push it aside briefly for his own. "The marketplace usually has basic shields and swords for decent prices. Any long sword or short sword will work as a one handed sword. Don't buy a custom set from a smith until you're adjusted to the feel of using a sword and shield over a two hand. It takes two different kinds of skills as the two are completely different. Also get something light but solid." he muttered, then shifted his gaze to the woman. "Is there an estimate on how many there are?" he asked blankly, referring to the monsters.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:00 am

He smiled at Xeii "I shall make a quick run to the market then.." he started off then realized that he should probably stay for now "On second thought..the twohander will suffice for now,hehe.."he then stepped back beside Xen,trying to his his anxious blush. he then listened to the two of them as Xeii began talking
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:04 am

Listening to Xeii answer Jaerk's question quietly, Xen just stood with her arms crossed, eyeing the man critically. Quiet, as most rogues were, was the first thing that popped into her mind. "And you call yourself a Rogue. You know just as much about handling a sword and shield as any Warrior would, and gave quite a good assessment. Either way, it's experience that gives you knowledge and vice versa, and you're missing half of the entire equation." she stated bluntly, before waving the subject away mentally and answering his question, satisfied that Jaerk had stayed out of common sense. If he had left, there was no way they could've waited for him, and his chance would've been gone. "As for how many there are, I was told there are about four or five small groups, each with three or four of the jerks each. We should head before they get any closer and that Watcher bites my head off for shirking my duties." she added, casting her eyes around the camp before flashing a quick smile at Jaerk and heading off towards the edge of the immediate area.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:10 am

He grins back,widely at Xen,following after her very closely,not leaving her side for a second.
he then takes out a small sandwich,offering her some of it"Not wise to do stuff on a empty stomach.." he chuckles softly
Eating the other half f his sanwich as they marched on,not rushing through for to do so would only cause him aches
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Looking down at Jaerk as they moved out of the encampment, Xen accepted the bit of sandwich offered and swallowed it easily, licking her lips free of crumbs. "That is very true you just end up fatiguing yourself and end up useless on the battlefield. Just be sure that you only eat before heading out; some of the creatures down here have extraordinary senses, and the scent of food could very well draw them to you. Only stop to eat and rest when needed, and make sure that it's done quickly...and maybe set up a watch, so half eat while half are ready to fend off attackers, and then you can switch. If the entire group were to be caught off guard, you all could be slaughtered before you even knew what happened." she stated easily, remembering receiving similar information from her own trainer when she had first gone out with him. "It's fine now, because we aren't too far from the camp. Just keep any other food you have under wraps until we're done, kay squirt?" she chuckled, ruffling Jaerk's hair before speaking with Xeii. "We're gonna have to be on our guard. I wasn't told where the groups were or anything, so we could be jumped by them at any moment."
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:46 pm

He nodded to her,putting the rest of the sandwich back into his pocket after wrapping it tightly,he grinned at her as she ruffled his hair. "Dont worry miss Xen,ill always keep a watch out for anything suspicious!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Chance Meeting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Outer Edge :: Camp Hei'Luth-
Jump to: